ECO Award 2014
System Date: 20/06/2014
Who can enter?
Mountaineering Ireland member clubs and individual members are eligible to enter the ECO Award 2014. Mountain Meitheal's efforts have been recognised by the ECO Award (2nd place in 2011).
What are the actions to be presented?
The actions presented in the contest must
- highlight the walking activity and the rambler’s environment
- contribute towards a friendly environmental way of walking
The action / project presented should ...
- be already carried out and finalised
- have a real impact on the environment
- take into account the specific environmental regulations in force in the different countries (e.g. official acts, quality standards, etc...)
- be creative and innovative
- be taken as an example to be duplicated elsewhere
- be achieved in partnership with local authorities
The action / project can be ...
- a "one shot" or a long term one
- managed at a national, regional or local level
Actions / projects, which do not meet with these selection criteria, will not be accepted!
What are the prizes to be won?
The first 3 best actions will be awarded a financial prize of:1 500 € (1st prize), 1 000 € (2nd prize), 500 € (special prize)
The entry form and the participation conditions can be downloaded below.
The closing date is 31 July 2014 and entries are to be submitted direct by email to firstname.lastname@example.org