The IFSC organises a range of competitions in bouldering, lead-climbing and speed-climbing.
The UIAA organises the Ice Climbing World Tour and the Ice Climbing World Championships.
Climbers who would like to represent Mountaineering Ireland at international competitions should meet the criteria set out below:
- Make their intention to compete at IFSC and or UIAA competitions formally known to the Mountaineering Ireland using the ‘Intention to Compete’ form.
- Present records of competition results to Mountaineering Ireland using the ‘Intention to Compete’ form. Two to four competitive seasons will suffice.
- Compete at Mountaineering Ireland climbing championships in your discipline.
- Attend scheduled Mountaineering Ireland Climbing Team training days for your discipline.
- Demonstrate that your level of performance would make you a viable competitor at IFSC and or UIAA competitions.
- Attend an Anti-Doping workshop.
- Complete and return the IFSC/UIAA Athlete Licence.
- Maintain membership of Mountaineering Ireland whilst competing.
- Comply with Mountaineering Ireland procedures and policies.
You can download a copy of the relevant documents here: