1. All Data will be obtained fairly. Mountaineering Ireland collects data to:-
- maintain our membership and stakeholder databases;
- perform accounting and other record-keeping functions;
- undertake advertising, marketing, direct marketing and public relation exercises;
- provide membership and staff services;
- verify members identity.
2. Data will be accurate and complete and, where necessary, kept up to date.
3. Data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it was obtained.
4. All acquisition methods (e.g. membership, event registrations, etc.) will have a clear information piece explaining any intended purposes.
Use and Disclosure of Information
1. Data will be kept only for clear and legal purposes.
2. All Data will be processed fairly and in keeping with the purposes for which it was obtained.
3. Data will not be used, disclosed or processed in any manner incompatible with the purposes for which it was obtained.
4. Disclosure of Data will only be made to third parties who are our agents or servants acting on our directions. Save as required by law (e.g. criminal investigations) no disclosure of Data will be made to third parties for those third parties' own purposes or use.
5. Under no circumstances will lists of member data/information (i.e. mailing lists or database information) be disclosed to a third party for that third party's exploitation or use. Data may be legitimately given to Mountaineering Ireland's servants or agents for legitimate purposes as described above.
1. Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained. In the case of lapsed members, a facility is provided to unsubscribe from future communications.
2. Data will be retained for any period required by law.